Thursday, February 9, 2012

Around the House


I was walking Bella around our neighborhood and this wicker coffee table was sitting by the dumpster. I remembered seeing coffee tables turned into benches on pinterest, so I thought I would give it a try. I made Ryan come pick it up for me. And he thought I had gone crazy!
Ryan ripped off the wicker and replaced it with a piece of plywood, foam, and fabric.
Its not fancy, but cheap and fun to make and goes great in a entryway. 
We have really tall ceilings in our living room and both bedrooms. I have been on the hunt for 108 inch curtains, but I hadn't found any that I liked for a decent price. Plaza Las Americas is a mall about 15 mins from our house and is also the Caribbean's largest shopping center (I'd say it is equivalent to the Galleria.). We found a store called West Elm. They had exact curtains I had been looking for and for an amazing price! I LOVE a good deal!

I'm very happy the way they turned out. It really makes our room feel a lot bigger!
Ryan built these frames for wall decor to go in our living room.
   
He helped me drape fabric over them to make it look like a canvas.
The good thing with these all you have to do is change the fabric and you have a whole different look!

No comments:

Post a Comment